'Metamorphosis of a Bi-polar', Contemporary Realism Still-Life by Paula Peacock

Metamorphosis of a Bi-polar
by Paula Peacock
12" x 24"
Oil on Canvas

Raising my grandson from the age of 6 years old, I watched him struggle with severe bi-polar his entire life. He is now 28 and the bipolar is somewhat under control. But, at the time, I wasn't quite sure about bi-polar or how to help someone through the nightmare as such as his. I think I did this painting as my way of trying to understand what he goes through. From being highly manic and violent to being down, depressed and anxious that nobody liked him. Rarely were things 'peachy' for him or the family. The peach representing the middle ground or what we would call 'normal' was rarely present. It seemed he was always morphing from one mood to the other throughout the day. The peppers represent his manic stages and the mushrooms, the depressive stage. Until someone pointed it out to me I didn't realize that out of the vine I had created his profile, at the top, and hands and legs (and a tail?)on the middle and lower levels. Talk about inadvertently painting ones' sub-conscience!

Take weekly oil painting classes with Longmont Artist, Paula Peacock. Private Lessons and Group Workshops Available

Go to www.paulapeacock.fineartstudioonline.com for additional information about art classes or email: HERE

For purchasing please contact Paula at paulapeacock@rocketmail.com To view more of my work go to www.paulapeacock.fineartstudioonline.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Pandora's Box', Narrative Still-Life Realism Oil Paintings by Paula peacock

'The Awakening' Allegorical, Realism, Surrealism, Fine Art Still-Life Oil Paintings by Paula Peacock