'Lilies with Critters' Contemporary Realism Still Life of Paula Peacock

'Lilies with Critters'
by Paula Peacock
24 in. X 30 in.
Oil on Canvas

This painting signifies an awakening for me. After the killing of my son, I went into a major depression and found myself creating dark paintings. I realize now I was creating a visual journal of depression and grief. Thirteen paintings & six sculptures later the heaviness left me and this painting is indicative of me waking up, coming out of my cocoon. It represents an active Springtime when insects and birds become busy with an air of excitement, renewal, and growth. You will find a snail, a ladybug, a butterfly and a hummingbird. Art really is therapeutic and I would be the first to say, it saved my life.

If you are interested in learning to paint I hold
WEEKLY OIL PANTING CLASSES & Bi-Monthly Workshops

Every Monday and Wednesday11 am - 1 pm  (ex. holidays) Come join a great group every week for mentoring, painting and good company. You can paint with oil paints, watercolor or acrylic. Come for advice on your current project, critique, ideas or just to explore your creativity doing something different. Bring your own supplies. Contact paulapeacock@rocketmail.com
For purchasing the above painting please contact Paula at paulapeacock@rocketmail.com To view more of my work go to paulapeacock.fineartstudioonline.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'Pandora's Box', Narrative Still-Life Realism Oil Paintings by Paula peacock

'The Awakening' Allegorical, Realism, Surrealism, Fine Art Still-Life Oil Paintings by Paula Peacock