‘Apple Core’, Contemporary Realism by Paula Peacock



Apple Core, 6" x 6", Oil on Wrap Around Canvas

SOLD*
To view more of my work go to www.paulapeacock.com
You may also find my work at;
Contemporary Fine Art International
Contemporary Still Life International
Still Life Artists of Colorado
Daily Painters of Colorado

Thanks to all who visited my studio during the Longmont Studio Tour Weekend! Lots of new faces as well as a few that I hadn't seen in a few years. It was nice to catch up. Though it is a lot of work preparing for the event, it is always well worth it. I'm still trying to catch my breath.

As I sit here with Ziggy laying across my feet (big orange kitty, on his back, feet in the air and doing a great job of imitating road kill), we are contemplating the direction my art should go in. Some of it is what I call the 'Traditional Still Life' genre. It is always nice, safe, sells, rarely stimulates conversation.
On the other hand, is what I call my 'Gotta Laugh to Keep from Crying' (aka contemporary still life) genre. It is always fun, frustrating, makes me laugh and curse at the same time, rarely sells but always engages the viewer and generates conversation.

See my dilemma? Sell or not to sell? Stimulating to some or stimulating to several? Safe or fun/frustrating? Ziggy and I are not agreeing on this fork in the road. In fact we kind of have a bet going on as to the outcome.

Go to my website, www.paulapeacock.com, browse through the various 'genres' and let me know what you think.

Ziggy and I would love to hear from you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

'The Awakening' Allegorical, Realism, Surrealism, Fine Art Still-Life Oil Paintings by Paula Peacock

'Pandora's Box', Narrative Still-Life Realism Oil Paintings by Paula peacock